Friday, October 20, 2006

Getting Ready for OZ

I'm leaving for Australia in five days!!! Whoa, the reality is beginning to sink in. I'm nervous and scared and excited. In a way, I've always desired to go somewhere where I don't know anything about the country. Come to think of it, Australia isn't so bad. At least they speak English. I wonder if my accent will change.

My time in Thailand has been a retreat to me. I got to reconnect with my parents and brother and other relatives. I've been back and forth between the US and Thailand for years, but this time, God's allowed our family to experience better peace. To Him be the glory. I came from a fractured home and understand the suffocation of being with parents who constantly fight. But God has been good to our family. My parents became Christian about five years ago, but it takes time for them to sort out the junk accumulated in their lives. I never thought that my parents would be together again after being separated my whole entire childhood. God has put us through pain, so he can be glorified through our lives. I have no doubt that God is the only thing that brought our family together. He deserves all the credit.

I'll start packing again. I've literally been packing every month since July, moving from house to house. The luxury that I can afford now.

I'm looking forward to meeting with disciples in Melbourne. There's a room for me in a household. Danae is one of my roommates. I can't wait to meet her. She seems like a total Aussie to me from her email. Don't know what kind of job I'll get. I may have to wash dishes but hope not.

I've spent a lot of my free time in Thailand reading Frank Viola's The Untold Story of the New Testament Church and has gained a ton of knowledge about first century churches and Paul's life. I'm seeing the NT again from a new perspective. The book has helped me to have greater respect for first century Christians. I'm a bookworm, I know. Can't help it, I'm an English teacher and have worked at HB library for nine years. I hope to always be a book advocate and one day have a personal library. Reading is an addiction I can't stop. If you come across this blog and know of a good book, let me know. I'd really appreciate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home